The St. Johns Neighborhood Association has plenty of ways to get involved in community activities. You don’t have to love meetings to volunteer. Contact us and tell us what you like to do; we’ll find the right volunteer opportunity for you!
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
St Johns Plaza Clean-Up
Every Saturday 10:00am to 12:00pm at St. Johns Plaza (2 hours)
Every Saturday through spring. Come Help with the maintenance of the plaza! Rain or shine. Sweep leaves and clean up.
Habitat for Humanity — Rivergate Commons
Every Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
Register with Habitat directly at Habitat Portland Metro, sign up for the volunteer time. For more information, visit the website Rivergate Community Church.
Visit the Tree Team website for events and resources at StJohnsTreeTeam.Weebly.com
The St Johns Tree Team works to improve the health and quality of the St Johns Neighborhood by increasing the benefits provided by the urban canopy. We will:
- Increase the size of the urban canopy through new plantings and ensuring the future health and growth of existing trees
- Increase the health of our neighborhood trees to improve air and water filtration
- Provide assistance to neighbors to care for their trees
- Improve the beauty of our community
- Help to identify fruit trees and tree owners that wish to share their produce with neighbors in need, and connect them with the structure to do so
- Provide other specific assistance as needed by our neighbors
To get involved with the St. Johns Tree Team, contact the team at email@example.com.